Update July 2020
COVID-19 Protocols Update:
Hello North Pole Veterinary Family,
As always a huge thank you to our families out there who have rolled with the unexpected events and adjusted to new normals and been understanding of our protocols as we navigate these uncharted waters.
We are continuing to limit our lobby capacity while allowing owners with masks to accompany their pet. In order to maintain our ability to remain open for full service we are asking everyone to abide by the following guidelines.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of respiratory illness or have recently been out of state please postpone your non-urgent veterinary visits. If you have a friend or family member who can accompany your pet so you can safely remain at home that would be best.
Masks are required inside for all clients
– Masks that cover the mouth and nose are required for all persons inside the building.
– If you have children under the age of 2 who cannot wear a mask, let us know when you call to check in and we will make sure you get directly into an exam room.
– If you have young children over the age of 2 who will not wear a mask please remain in your car and allow us to complete your pets exam inside.
– If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask please remain in your car and allow us to complete your pets exam inside.
Curbside Check-Ins for all appointments
– Please call our hospital 907-488-2335 when you arrive to let us know you are here with your pet. You will be asked your best contact number and the parking spot you are in.
– If you are here for a surgical appointment the surgical team member will call you and if there is an exam room available for the check in process you will be asked to come in with your pet. If no room available then your check in process will be completed over the phone or at your vehicle and the technician will escort your pet inside.
– If you are here for a regular appointment the room technician will come to your vehicle to escort you and your pet to the exam room and get your history in person if the room is ready to receive you. If there is not an available exam room the technician will take your history over the phone and then come to escort you as soon as the room is open.
Fully Curbside service still available
– If you would like to remain in your vehicle for the duration of your pets appointment let us know at check in that you would like full curbside service. We appreciate the level of trust you have in us to allow us to examine your pet without you present.
Food and medication pick up
– Call when you arrive and let us know you are here for a pick up. The front staff will take payment if that is still outstanding and will then deliver the products to you.
Limited Lobby Capacity
– If our lobby has more than 3 pets waiting you may be asked to return to your vehicle. This is for the safety of everyone as it allows us to maintain social distance. We appreciate your courteous compliance with instructions from our staff.
– We are experiencing a very high volume of patients these days. We are booking Wellness and routine visits out 7 to 14 days. Routine surgeries like spays and neuters are booking 5 to 6 weeks out. Please allow appropriate time if you are needing to schedule. We do reserve some appointments each day to allow for critical patients and unexpected emergencies and those appointments are filling every day. Thank you to everyone who has already encountered this and been gracious in rescheduling as we accommodate our critically ill friends.
– Visit our website to download the AirVet app. This telemedicine app allows you to connect with one of our veterinarians if you are unable to come to the clinic. After downloading the app choose Dr Richards as your preferred veterinarian from North Pole. She is our primary AirVet doctor right now. Select the option for non-urgent call and submit a request. If you do not receive a response within 4 hours please call our hospital to make a different connection.
Please call 907-488-2335 with any questions or concerns you may have.
Update: May 26, 2020
COVID-19 Protocols Update
As of today (5/26/20) North Pole Veterinary Hospital is beginning to reopen our building to the public. We have markers inside the lobby to aide in maintaining social distancing. Please follow all posted signage as well as instructions from our Front Desk staff. Until at least June 1, 2020 masks that cover the mouth and nose will be required for all people inside.
You may now accompany your pet to their appointment as long as you are wearing a mask. To limit the total number of people inside we are asking you to only have 1 or 2 people come with your pet.
Curbside check-ins and services will continue to be available if you would prefer.
AirVet, our Telemedicine app, is also available. If you would like a visit with the DVM via telemedicine from the comfort of your home this is the option for you. Look for the AirVet button on our website, download, and call the office at 488-2335 and we will set up the appointment time.
If you have traveled recently out of state or are having any respiratory symptoms of illness please utilize our Curbside option or AirVet instead of coming inside the hospital.
Thank you North Pole Veterinary Family! As we proceed through the reopening we will remain vigilant as to State of Alaska and national guidance for proper protocols. We very much hope to continue to move toward a more normal operation. However, if we are advised to do so we will return to more restricted protocol.
Grooming now has limited openings for small dogs. Please call to leave a message for Dee and the grooming shop and they will get back to you with scheduling information.
Alternatives to driving to the veterinary hospital
Food Delivery: Did you know that you can get Hills Science Diet food delivered directly to your door? The program is called Hills to Home. Please call our hospital at 488-2335 and we can get you started.
Prescription Delivery: Did you know there is an online pharmacy option to have your pet’s medication delivered directly to your door? Look for the VetSource logo on the website and order your pet’s medication from your couch. Call us if you need assistance to get started.
Telemedicine: Like many other veterinary hospitals we are teaming up with the great people at AirVet to be able to provide a telemedicine option. More information will come to your inbox in the coming days about how this will integrate with your pet’s onsite health care team. The app can be downloaded from your app store.